A 4-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy were shot on the city's Northwest side on Sunday night, according to police.
The children were sitting in a car on the 4700 block of West North Avenue around 9 p.m. when another vehicle approached and an occupant opened fire.
The boy was shot in the leg, and the girl was shot in the ankle, according to police. Both were taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition.
Police are still investigating the shooting, and no one is in custody.
Weekend gun violence in Chicago has claimed the lives of three people and injured at least 17 more in shootings across the city, according to police.
The weekend’s most recent fatal shooting occurred Sunday morning in the 0-100 block of North Mayfield. At approximately 3:40 a.m., a 29-year-old man was on foot when he was shot in the head by an unknown shooter.
He was pronounced dead at the scene, and police are still investigating.
The first fatal shooting of the weekend took place just after 8 p.m. Saturday night in the 8600 block of South Michigan Avenue, police said. A 17-year-old boy was shot in the hip and was taken to Christ Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
No one is in custody in connection with the shooting, and Area South detectives are investigating, police said.
A short time later, a second man was killed in the 1100 block of west 65th Street. The 26-year-old was shot in the upper body and was taken to Stroger Hospital in critical condition. He was later pronounced dead, and police don’t have a suspect in custody.
The weekend’s first shooting occurred when a man was shot in the face in the 2300 block of West Ogden at approximately 9:21 p.m. Friday night. According to police, the man was found by authorities lying on a sidewalk and was rushed to Stroger Hospital. No one is in custody according to police.
- A 43-year-old man followed a vehicle involved in a hit and run crash and was shot in the chest by an occupant of the Jeep, according to police. The Jeep fled the scene of the accident and headed to the intersection of West Augusta and California, where the driver of the vehicle fired shots, striking the victim. He was taken to Stroger in good condition.
- An 18-year-old man was walking in the 8000 block of South Emerald just before 10 p.m. when he was shot by a person in a dark colored vehicle. He was taken to St. Bernard Hospital in good condition, police said.
- An unknown man walked up to a 21-year-old man in the 1400 block of South Kenneth just after midnight and fired shots at the victim, striking him multiple times. The victim suffered gunshot wounds to his buttocks, right leg, and a graze wound to his head, according to authorities. He was listed in good condition at Mount Sinai.
- A 37-year-old man was standing near a vehicle in the 5500 block of West Van Buren when he heard shots and felt pain in his right leg. He was taken to Mount Sinai in good condition with a gunshot wound to his leg, police said.
- A 31-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk in the 1100 block of South Mozart at approximately 1:47 a.m. when he was shot in the abdomen, according to police. He was taken to Mount Sinai in critical condition, and police are still investigating the shooting.
- In the 7800 block of South Saginaw at approximately 4:21 a.m., a 29-year-old man was shot while standing on the porch of his residence, police said. A dark colored vehicle pulled up and one of the occupants opened fire, striking him in the right thigh. He was taken to Northwestern Hospital in stable condition.
- A 19-year-old man was shot during a robbery in the 1200 block of South Avers at approximately 1 p.m. He was treated for a gunshot wound to the leg and released, and two people are in custody and have been charged in connection with the incident.
- Just after 3 p.m. in the 3400 block of West Van Buren, a 34-year-old man was shot while he was walking, police said. The man was taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition with a gunshot wound to his back.
- At approximately 4:31 p.m., a 32-year-old man was shot in the chest, according to police. The incident occurred in the 2100 block of West 52nd Street, and the man is in critical condition at Mount Sinai Hospital.
- A 29-year-old man was walking in the 8800 block of South Parnell just after 6 p.m. when he was shot multiple times by a person in a passing vehicle. The man suffered gunshot wounds to his left leg, left jaw, his neck, and suffered a graze wound to his chin. He was taken to Christ Hospital in stable condition.
- An 18-year-old man was standing outside of a party when he was shot in the leg, police said. The incident occurred in the 5900 block of West Rice at approximately 10:15 p.m., and the man was taken to West Suburban Hospital in good condition.
- A 24-year-old man was shot in the finger while driving a vehicle in the 4800 block of West Potomac. The man was dropping off passengers just before 4 a.m. when he was shot. No one is in custody, and the man was treated and released from Resurrection Hospital.
- A 16-year-old boy was shot in the leg at approximately 1:28 p.m. in the 4200 block of West Jackson, according to police. He was taken to Mount Sinai in good condition.
- A 45-year-old man was shot while he was standing in the 4200 block of West Washington at approximately 1:36 p.m., police said. A vehicle approached the man and an occupant fired a single shot at him, striking him in the leg. He was taken to Mount Sinai in stable condition.