Now that the porn industry is asking for a federal bailout, the floodgates have opened; NBCChicago has learned that the following local industries are also seeking bailouts from the incoming Obama administration:
* Cubs fans. They just can't do it on their own anymore.
* Heinz. Lack of ketchup use on hot dogs in Chicago continues to hamper sales in this market.
* Tribune Company. Unique request simply asks federal workers to click on their Google ads hundreds of times a day.
* Connie's Pizza. Oprah's new diet could put them out of business.
* Jerry Springer. No reason to attend the show anymore now that the deteriorating economy has made everyone's life a socioeconomic mess.
* Todd Stroger. Times are so tough he can't afford to hire more relatives without federal subsidies.
* University of Chicago. Demanding compensation now that Obama has depleted its ranks by naming half its faculty to his administration.
* Bobby Rush. If the federal government doesn't give him money, it's because he's black.
* The Billy Goat. Hit hard by perfect storm of reporter layoffs and decline in tourism.
* Ed Genson. If Blagojevich can't pay him, someone has to.