Three people have been killed and at least 18 others were wounded in shootings across the city of Chicago on Sunday, according to police.
Just before 11 p.m., five people were shot in the city's Grand Crossing neighborhood, authorities said.
The incident occurred in the 7400 block of South Dante, and all five individuals were taken to local hospitals in unknown condition. No one is in custody in connection with the shooting.
The city’s first homicide occurred in the 4600 block of North Clifton just after 8 a.m., police said. A 33-year-old man was sitting in a car when someone on a bike pulled up next to the vehicle and opened fire, striking him multiple times.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene, police said, and the gunman fled the area. No one is in custody, and Area North Detectives are still investigating.
On Sunday afternoon, two teens were killed in separate shootings, according to police.
A 19-year-old man was leaning against a parked car in the 4000 block of South Calumet Avenue around 3:30 p.m. when another vehicle pulled up and opened fire, striking him in the head.
He was taken to University of Chicago Hospital in critical condition, and later died from his injuries, police said.
Less than three hours later, another teen, a 17-year-old, was shot multiple times in the 7300 block of South Claremont, police said. Shot Spotter tipped officers off to a shooting, and when they arrived, they found the teen's body behind a residence.
The boy was pronounced dead at the scene, and no one is in custody.
Just after 4 p.m., another 19-year-old man was shot in the back and chest in the 700 block of East 50th Place, police said. The man was taken to University of Chicago in critical condition, and police are still investigating the circumstances surroudning the shooting.
A 44-year-old man was shot in the 4100 block of North Carroll during an attempted robbery, police said. The man was sitting in a vehicle when he was approached by another man brandishing a gun and announcing a robbery.
The victim then pulled out a gun of his own and shots were exchanged, with the victim sustaining gunshot wounds to his side and leg. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in serious condition, but it is unknown if the attempted robber was struck by gunfire.
Police say that the victim had a concealed carry permit, and they are still investigating the case.
Later in the morning, a 31-year-old man was discovered laying in the street in the 5500 block of South Laflin with a gunshot wound to his chest, police said.
The man was taken to University of Chicago Hospital in critical condition, and no one has come forward to provide eyewitness testimony on what happened.
Here are the rest of Sunday’s shootings:
- A 29-year-old man was shot in the leg and head while he was sitting on a porch in the 5400 block of South Honore just after midnight, police said. A grey vehicle approached and an occupant opened fire, striking the victim twice. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in stable condition.
- In the 5900 block of West Division, a 37-year-old man was riding a bike when he was shot in the hip. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition.
- Two men were sitting on a porch in the 3000 block of North Drake just after 1 a.m. when three men walked up and opened fire. A 41-year-old man was shot in both legs and was taken to Illinois Masonic Hospital in good condition and another man, a 40-year-old, was shot in the arm and was in good condition, according to police.
- In the 6600 block of South Wabash at approximately 1:10 a.m., two people were shot while standing outside a home. A 24-year-old man was shot in the shoulder and side, and a 25-year-old woman suffered a graze wound to her arm. The man is in unknown condition, and the woman refused medical treatment, police said.
- At approximately 2 a.m., a 17-year-old boy was exiting a vehicle when three men walked up to him and one opened fire, striking him in the arm and leg according to police. The boy was dropped off at South Suburban Hospital by a friend and is listed in stable condition.
- An 18-year-old man was standing in the 1900 block of North Cicero when a green Honda Civic drove up, and someone inside fired shots, police said. The man was hit in the chest and was taken to Illinois Masonic in stable condition.
- A 37-year-old man was shot multiple times in the head in the 8300 block of South Pulaski, according to police. Other circumstances of the shooting are unknown, and the victim is at Christ Hospital in serious condition.
- In the 5200 block of North Parkside at approximately 9:40 p.m., a 32-year-old man was shot in the shoulder, abdomen, and leg, and was taken to Lutheran General in critical condition. He refused to provide any other details to police.