A person is dead and at least 12 others were wounded in shootings across the city of Chicago on Sunday.
In the city’s first fatal shooting, a 17-year-old boy was shot in the 1900 block of East 74th Street, according to police.
The teen was standing on a sidewalk just before 9:30 p.m. when he was shot in the chest. He was transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center in serious condition, and was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
Authorities say no one has been taken into custody, and Area Central Detectives are investigating.
An 18-year-old man is in critical condition, and a 20-year-old is in stable condition after they were shot while walking in the 12700 block of South Emerald, according to police.
The victims were shot just after 11 a.m., police said. The 18-year-old suffered gunshot wounds to his left bicep and chest, and was taken to Christ Hospital in critical condition. The 20-year-old man was shot in the right arm and was also taken to Christ Hospital, where he was listed in stable condition.
No one is in custody, according to police.
Another man is listed in critical condition at Christ Hospital after he was shot in the back of the head, according to authorities.
The man was discovered lying on the sidewalk by police, who called EMT’s and had him transported to the hospital. The incident occurred in the 100 block of West 119th Street just after 10 p.m., according to police.
A short time later, two more men were shot and both were rushed to local hospitals in critical condition, according to police.
A 32-year-old man and a 39-year-old man were sitting in a vehicle in the 3800 block of West Division at approximately 10:35 p.m. when a red Jeep pulled up alongside them and opened fire.
One of the victims was shot in the neck and was taken to Stroger Hospital in critical condition, and the other man was shot in the chest, and was also taken to Stroger in critical condition.
No one is in custody, and police are investigating the circumstances around the shooting.
Here are the rest of Sunday’s shootings:
- A 22-year-old man was sitting on a porch in the 9700 block of South Exchange just after 1 a.m. when he heard shots and felt pain. The man was taken to Trinity Hospital in stable condition with a gunshot wound to his left hand, police said.
- In the 2400 block of West Adams, a 25-year-old man was driving a vehicle when he was shot in the head, according to police. The man was taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition.
- Two people were in a vehicle in the 6600 block of South State Street just after 6 p.m. when they were shot by a person in another vehicle, authorities said. Both victims were taken to local hospitals, where a 20-year-old man is listed in stable condition. The condition of the other victim is unknown at this time.
- A 23-year-old man was walking in the 7500 block of South Jeffrey at approximately 6:03 p.m. when he was approached by several men who opened fire. He was struck multiple times, and was taken to University of Chicago Medical Center in serious but stable condition.
- Just after 11 p.m., a 26-year-old man was standing outside a residence in the 1700 block of North Mason when a person approached and opened fire, striking him six times. The man suffered four gunshot wounds to his hip, one to his buttocks, and one to his leg, and was taken to Loyola in serious condition.