Pat Quinn has promised to not only live in the Governor's Mansion in Springfield, unlike his predecessor, but to throw the doors to the historic home open to the public and open for state business, such as hosting foreign delegations. We foresee Quinn also hosting the following events at the mansion.
- Playboy Pat's Bunny Bash! With real bunnies.
- The First Annual Pat Quinn Box Social.
- State dinners honoring the secretary of agriculture and the state auditor general.
- The Citizens Utility Board's annual convention.
- Habitat for Humanity special awards dinner. Bring your own hammers, you'll be put to work.
- Open House Tolling. Citizens encouraged to visit, remove signs with Blagojevich's name that the former governor ordered installed throughout the house.
- Governor for a Day. Once a month Quinn will actually let an Illinois citizen be governor while he and his family move to a nearby motel.
- Pat's Pin the Tail on Blago Day. Blago may not get an official state portrait, but once a year as long as Pat Quinn is governor, Illinoisans can visit the mansion in Springfield and pin the tail on a photo of himself staring into the mirror that Blago left behind.
- Live from Springfield, Pat Quinn hosts Saturday Night Live!
- It's a Pat Quinn Christmas! Televised live on public-access throughout the state. Watch the new governor decorate the tree, open the presents, and rock out to Bing Crosby.
- Real World: Springfield. Seven state officials are picked to live in a governor's mansion. See what happens when things get real.