Automobiles seem to be at the heart of several tragic stories in local Chicago news on Thursday. In addition to other news posted to this Web site, check out these recent stories.
- Three Employees Tied up in Armed Robbery --- Five armed robbers held-up a South Side business Thursday morning, tying up employees at gunpoint.
- Suburban 10-Year-Old Struck, Killed Near Home -- A car struck and killed a 10-year-old boy near his home in unincorporated Cook County.
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed in South Loop -- A 26-year-old driver is cited for striking a pedestrian at Roosevelt and Wabash. The male victim died from his injuries.
- NW Indiana Flood Damage Tops $4 Million -- Residents are trying to get federal funds to help them recover from flood damage topping $4 million for everything from repairing washed-out roads and bridges to overtime for city employees.
- 4 Hurt in Rollover Crash on South Side -- Four people were in critical-to-serious condition when a van rolled over in the Bronzeville neighborhood Thursday morning.
- Crete Family Goes From Elation to Alarm Tuesday -- A family's celebration of Barack Obama's historic Election Night victory was ruined when police arrested one of them on what the family claims were trumped-up violations.
- 87-Year-Old Woman Struck, Killed on South Side --- An elderly woman was killed and two people were critically injured Wednesday in a multiple-vehicle crash on the Chicago-Burbank border.