More than 20 locations across the Chicago area will offer free Christmas tree recycling beginning in the new year.
Trees can be dropped off starting Jan. 2nd until Jan. 16th at 24 designated areas, according to the City of Chicago. Residents will also be able to pick up free mulch, made from the trees, starting Jan. 11th at specific locations.
Christmas trees can be picked up from homes through the non-profit Do The Right Thing! Recycling. For $15 crews will recycle trees that are placed out on the curb, according to its website. DTRT also offers in-home Christmas tree pick up for $25.
Christmas Tree Recycling Locations:
- Bessemer Park, 8930 S. Muskegon Ave.
- Clark Park, 3400 N. Rockwell St.
- Forestry Site, 900 E. 103rd St.*
- Garfield Park, 100 N. Central Park Ave.
- Grant Park, 900 S. Columbus Dr.
- Humboldt Park Boathouse, 1369 N. Sacramento Ave.
- Jackson Park, 6300 S. Cornell Ave.
- Kennedy Park, 2427 W. 113th St.
- Kelvyn Park, 4438 W. Wrightwood Ave.
- Lake Meadows Park, 3117 S. Rhodes Ave.
- Lincoln Park, Cannon Drive at Fullerton Avenue (East of Cannon)*
- Margate Park, 4921 N. Marine Dr.*
- Marquette Park, 6700 S. Kedzie Ave.
- McKinley Park, 2210 W. Pershing Road
- Mt. Greenwood Park, 3721 W. 111th St.*
- West Chatham Park, 8223 S. Princeton
- North Park Village, 5801 N. Pulaski Road*
- Norwood Park, 5801 N. Natoma Ave.
- Portage Park, 4100 N. Long Ave.
- Riis Park, 6201 W. Wrightwood Ave.
- Rowan Park, 11546 S. Avenue L
- Sheridan Park, 910 S. Aberdeen St.
- Warren Park, 6601 N. Western Ave.*
- Wentworth Park, 5701 S. Narragansett Ave.
* = Locations offering free mulch