City of Chicago officials shut down a party with more than 300 attendees in Wicker Park over the weekend for violating the city's coronavirus rules.
The party took place in the early morning hours of Sunday, Nov. 29 in the basement of Vault/All Access, 1612 W. Division Ave., according to Chicago's Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection.
A task force focused on shutting down large gatherings issued multiple citations, cease and desist orders as well as closure orders for throwing a "dangerous and unlicensed commercial party."
None of those in attendance were practicing social distancing or wearing face coverings, officials said.
Since Oct. 30, BACP has issued 20 citations and 54 notices to correct to bars, restaurants and other business that permitted indoor dining and/or drinking.
Additionally, officials have issued one-day closure orders to nine businesses, four of which were given long-term closure orders for egregiously violating the COVID-19 regulations.
Since March, BACP has conducted more than 6,500 COVID-19 investigations and cited more than 330 businesses for violating regulations.
The following establishments have been issued one-day closure orders for egregious and/or repeated violations of Chicago's COVID-19 regulations:
- Chicago Sport Complex - 2600 W. 35th St. – Hosting a party with over 600 attendees, no face coverings or social distancing
- Wildberry Pancake - 196 E. Pearson St. - Repeatedly allowing indoor dining despite multiple Notices to Correct and Citations
- The Ballroom - 6351-59 S. Cottage Grove Ave. - Hosting a party with over 200 attendees, no face coverings or social distancing
- Fat Fish Bar & Grill - 234-236 W. 31st St. - Egregiously violating social distancing and face coverings requirements on outdoor patio
- Black Cat Lounge - 1640 W. 115th St. - Patrons drinking indoors, no face coverings or social distancing
- The Delta - 1745 W. North Ave. - Egregiously violating social distancing and face coverings requirements on outdoor patio
- Mariscos La Diabla - 4222-24 W. 63rd St. - Patrons eating indoors, no face coverings or social distancing
- Effe Inc - 4216 W. 63rd St. - Patrons eating indoors, no face coverings or social distancing
- Linda's Place - 1044 W. 51st - Patrons eating indoors, no face coverings or social distancing