9 Hospitalized After Being Sickened by Carbon Monoxide

A total of nine people were transported to area hospitals after a carbon monoxide leak at a residence in suburban Wheeling.

According to fire officials, crews were called to the home at approximately 1 p.m. after a person in the residence fainted. When firefighters arrived, they found high levels of carbon monoxide in the home, and transported a total of nine people, including three children, to area hospitals.

Fire officials say that the family was using a charcoal grill to heat the house, and that there were no working carbon monoxide detectors in the home.

All nine patients were taken to area hospitals in stable condition, according to authorities.

Contact Us