A fraternity house at Illinois State University is a total loss after a massive fire Wednesday morning.
Flames had ripped through the roof of the Delta Sigma Phi building when firefighters arrived around 1:43 a.m., according to the Pantagraph.
About 45 firefighters from the Normal and Bloomington fire departments responded to the scene. The blaze was extinguished within an hour.
Delta Sigma Phi President Mike Dyner of Naperville told the paper about 30 men were living in the house, but they were all able to escape unharmed.
Dyner said a bathroom fan that was sparking in a second-floor ceiling caused the fire, but it has not been confirmed by the fire department.
University officials say they are helping students with immediate needs of housing, food and clothing. They also plan to provide lost class supplies, textbooks and notes for the students.