A Cook County judge on Monday refused to lower the $100,000 bond for a teenager charged in the videotaped beating and robbery of a teen in Bridgeport earlier this month.
Raymond Palomino, 17, of the 3500 block of South Hoyne, was the only one of six boys and a 15-year-old girl charged in the incident as an adult. Palomino went before a judge last week and has since been held in Cook County Jail in protective custody.
The teen's father, a Cook County sheriff's deputy, said last week he believes his son is being made a target in the incident.
"He’s the only one charged as an adult," said Michael Palomino. "They’re making it sound like he did everything. It’s just one side of the story."
The YouTube video of the beating showed five males attack and rob a 17-year-old boy in an alley behind James Ward Elementary School at 28th and Princeton.
The victim was eventually able to run away. He was taken to a local hospital where he was treated and released.
Supt. Garry McCarthy said last week he feels the charges are necessary.
"This isn't able to be tolerated, and we'll do everything we can, whether it's on video or whether it's not on video, to apprehend people who engage in this type of behavior," McCarthy said. "And honestly, this is very clearly mob-type behavior."