Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your round-up of Bears news.
- As the heart and soul of the offensive line, Olin Kreutz knows that the Bears want to re-sign him. Like his teammates, he is still working out through the lockout. (Chicago Tribune)
- Will new draft pick Stephen Paea be able to do more than stop the run? (ESPN NFC North)
- Lovie Smith and his staff met with referees to discuss the NFL's rule changes. The diagnosis of the changed kickoff rule has not changed. It still sucks. (ChicagoBears.com)
- One of the Bears' first changes under George McCaskey's leadership was to change the (largely symbolic) address of Halas Hall to reflect the team's founding year. (Chicago Tribune)
- Riddell, one of the NFL's approved equipment manufacturers, has advised players against using one of their models. (Pro Football Talk)