A Connecticut woman made a frightening discovery after biting into a Dunkin' Donuts croissant and feeling something sharp cut her mouth.
Priscilla Salas said she almost swallowed the razor pieces she discovered after biting into a croissant she bought last week at the Dunkin' Donuts on Boston Post Road in Windham. She didn't realize what was inside the pastry until she bit down and cut her mouth on the metal shards, some of which were up to a quarter inch long.
“I was just floored completely,” Salas said.
U.S. & World
After calling the police and the restaurant's corporate office, Salas was told the metal in her food could have been part of a box cutter.
“They felt It was probably a frozen croissant from distribution center and they were going to find the exact location of it,” Salas said.
Dunkin' Donuts said in a statement that Salas' experience was an isolated incident. The company said it is concerned about the safety of its customers and is working with the store in question to investigate. Salas said she stops by that Dunkin' Donuts almost every day and said she'd never had a problem before.
“I just want the public to know and be aware of what they buy and look over everything they eat,” she said.
Salas said Dunkin' Donuts apologized to her and told her the company would send a gift card. But she said she isn’t after the company’s money; she just wants the public to be aware.