Two people have died, and 11 others, including a baby, have been injured in shootings across Chicago this weekend, police said.
A man was found with a gunshot wound to the head in an alley at approximately 2:55 a.m. on Saturday in the 7100 block of South Constance, according to Chicago police.
The victim was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was pronounced dead. No one was in custody as of Saturday evening.
In the city's second deadly shooting of the weekend, a man was shot and killed at approximately 3:59 p.m. on Saturday in the 700 block of North Cicero, police said. The victim was taken to West Suburban Hospital where he was pronounced dead. A female victim also sustained a gunshot wound in the shooting.
In a separate incident, a 5-month-old baby was grazed by a bullet, and two men sustained gunshot wounds in a shooting at approximately 5:18 p.m. on Friday in the 1900 block of East 71st Street, police confirmed.
A 28-year-old man was struck once in the knee, and taken to the hospital in serious condition. The third victim, a 65-year-old man, sustained a gunshot wound to the foot, and was last listed in good condition.
Here are the rest of the shootings so far this weekend:
- In the 5000 block of South Washington Park at approximately 7:26 p.m., a 26-year-old man was shot while inside a vehicle, police said. The victim was struck once in the shoulder, and transported himself to Provident Hospital where he was reported to be in stable condition.
- A 49-year-old man was shot while standing on a sidewalk at approximately 8:33 p.m. in the 7800 block of South Essex, police said. The victim was reportedly shot five times by someone inside a Jeep. First responders transported the victim to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was listed in stable condition.
- At approximately 9:26 p.m. in the 900 block of West 53rd Place, a 24-year-old man was shot during an argument with a family member inside a home. The victim was transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center in stable condition. The family member was not in custody as of Saturday evening.
- A man was shot multiple times at approximately 5 p.m. in the 1800 block of South Throop, police said. The victim was transported to the University of Illinois Hospital in critical condition, and was expected to be transfered to Stroger Hospital.
- At approximately 5:30 p.m. in the 4900 block of West Jackson, an 18-year-old man was shot while walking down the street. The victim sustained a gunshot wound to the leg, and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in stable condition.
- A 22-year-old man was shot during an apparent carjacking at approximately 3:48 p.m. in the 1500 block of West 89th Street, police said. An unknown offender reportedly entered the car of the 22-year-old man, and a 20-year-old woman. The victim sustained a gunshot wound to the leg during the struggle. The suspect was in custody as of Saturday evening.
- In the 3800 block of West Grand Avenue at approximately 6:21 p.m., a 44-year-old man was shot while traveling eastbound in his vehicle, police said. The victim sustained a gunshot wound to the head, and went to Mount Sinai Hospital in critical condition.