A man is dead and at least nine other people, including a five-year-old girl, have been wounded in shootings across Chicago Sunday.
Around 7:30 a.m., a man was shot and killed and another was wounded in the 4800 block of West Monroe, according to police. The two men were walking when shots were fired, striking both of them.
One of the men, whose age is unknown, was shot in the chest and was pronounced dead at Cook County Hospital. The other man was taken to Cook County Hospital with a gunshot wound to his back, and he’s listed in good condition, according to authorities.
No one is in custody, and Area North detectives are investigating.
Another shooting took place in the 300 block of East 50th at approximately 5:41 p.m., when a 27-year-old woman was shot. She was taken to Stroger Hospital and is currently in critical condition, according to police.
In an earlier shooting, a 5-year-old girl was shot just before 1:30 p.m. in the 4600 block of North Monticello, according to police. She was caught in the crossfire when an unknown man started firing at another man. The girl was taken to Swedish Hospital in stable condition.
At approximately 3:30 a.m. in the 2300 block of West Grand, a 29-year-old man was discovered lying facedown outside of his car with gunshot wounds to his hip and ankle, according to police.
He was rushed to Stroger Hospital, where he was listed in serious condition, according to authorities.
Here are the rest of Sunday’s shootings in the city:
- A 39-year-old man was driving in the 3000 block of West North Avenue at approximately 3:50 a.m. when he was shot in the right shoulder, police said. He drove himself to Weiss Hospital, where he was listed in stable condition.
- In the 3600 block of North Kedzie, a 27-year-old man was driving at approximately 4:23 a.m. when a person inside a passing red Jeep Liberty fired shots, striking him in the buttocks. He was taken to Illinois Masonic Hospital in stable condition, according to police.
- At approximately 3:45 p.m., a 26-year-old man was shot in the foot while walking down the street in the 0-100 block of South Western Avenue, police said. A vehicle pulled up and an unknown occupant began firing shots at him. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition.
- A 27-year-old man was in a vehicle 1600 block of West 119th Street just after 5:45 p.m. when another vehicle pulled up alongside and one of the occupants opened fire. The man was taken to Roseland Hospital and is in stable condition with a gunshot wound to his leg.
- 19-year-old man was shot in the left hand after getting into a verbal altercation in the 1700 block of West 62nd Street. The man was taken to Holy Cross Hospital in good condition, according to police.