One person is dead and at least 14 others have been wounded in weekend shootings across the city of Chicago.
The city's first fatal shooting occurred on Saturday afternoon in the 5100 block of West Huron. A 16-year-old boy was shot in the head, leg, and hand just after 5 p.m., and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 13-year-old boy was also shot in the left thigh, and he was taken to Loyola in stable condition. Circumstances of the shooting are unclear, and police are still investigating.
On Saturday afternoon, three men were shot in the 1700 block of North Tripp at approximately 3:15 p.m. A 23-year-old was listed in critical condition after being shot in the chest. A 25-year-old is in serious condition at Stroger with a gunshot wound to the groin, and a 34-year-old man is in serious condition at St. Mary's with a gunshot wound to his shoulder.
No one is in custody in the shooting, according to police.
The city's most recent shooting occurred Sunday morning at approximately 5:27 a.m. in the 3000 block of West 52nd Street. A 72-year-old man was sitting in a parked car when a person walked up to him and fired shots, striking him in the shoulder. He was taken to Mount Sinai in good condition, according to police.
- A 21-year-old man was shot in the upper torso while walking in the 2000 block of North Lamon just before 4 p.m. According to police, an unknown man walked up to the victim and pulled out a gun, firing shots at him. He was transported to a local hospital in good condition.
- In the 3900 block of West Lexington at approximately 5:36 p.m., a 35-year-old man was shot in the left leg. He was walking down a street when multiple people got out of a car and fired shots at him. The shooters then fled the scene, police said. The man was taken to Mount Sinai, where he is in stable condition.
- An 18-year-old woman was shot in the stomach at approximately 7:36 p.m. in the 10100 block of South Winston, police said. The woman was taken to an area hospital after being shot by a 54-year-old man, who remains at large.
- A 19-year-old man was in a vehicle in the 3000 block of South Archer when another vehicle pulled up alongside and one of the occupants fired shots. The man was taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition with a gunshot wound to his left hand, police said.
- In the 5900 block of West Lake at approximately 12:48 a.m., a 38-year-old man was sitting in a vehicle when he was shot in the right bicep, police said. He was taken to Loretto in good condition.
- A 20-year-old man was shot in the left leg, and a 19-year-old man suffered a graze wound in the 800 block of South California. The 20-year-old was taken to Mount Sinai in good condition, and the 19-year-old refused treatment, according to police.
- A 44-year-old woman was shot in the leg at approximately 5:17 p.m. She was taken to Stroger in good condition after being shot in the 3100 block of West Jackson.
- A 24-year-old woman suffered a graze wound to the head while sitting in a car in the 2700 block of West 68th Street at approximately 5:30 p.m., police said. She was taken to Holy Cross in good condition.
- Two people were shot in the 2500 block of South Drake at approximately 9 p.m., police said. A 52-year-old woman and a 31-year-old man were both shot in the shoulder while walking by a person in a group walking towards them. Both were taken to Mount Sinai in stable condition, and all four people in the group are in custody, police said.
- A 22-year-old man was on foot when someone in a passing car fired shots at him, striking him in the groin. The man, shot in the 900 block of West Sheridan at approximately 9 p.m., was taken to Illinois Masonic in good condition.
- An 18-year-old man was at a party in the 4200 block of West Chicago Avenuewhen someone began shooting, striking him in the foot. He was taken to Stroger Hospital is in good condition.
- A 25-year-old man was shot in the buttocks in the 1200 block of West Wilson at approximately 5:12 a.m., police said. He was taken to Illinois Masonic in good condition.