Three people have been killed and at least 13 others injured in shootings across Chicago since Friday evening.
The most recent fatal shooting happened at about 2:10 p.m. Sunday in the 9900 block of South State Street on the Far South Side. A 22-year-old man, whose name has not been released, was shot multiple times and pronounced dead on the scene.
Another fatal shooting took place at about 7 p.m. Saturday in the 7300 block of South Dorchester in the Greater Grand Crossing neighborhood. Eric Turner, 21, was standing outside near a home when someone walked out of a gangway and fired shots before running off, according to police and the Cook County medical examiner's office.
Turner, who lived on the same block where he was shot, was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where he died at 7:43 p.m., according to the medical examiner's office.
Early Saturday, a 32-year-old man was shot and killed in a Back of the Yards neighborhood drive-by. At about 3:40 a.m., he was riding as passenger in a car in the 4500 block of South Hermitage when an SUV pulled alongside and someone opened fire, striking him in the side, police said.
The man showed up at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where later he was pronounced dead, police said. The medical examiner’s office has yet to confirm the fatality.
At least 13 others have been injured in shootings this weekend:
- A 22-year-old man was shot in the buttocks while standing in the street at about 9:30 p.m. Friday in the 9400 block of South Elizabeth in the Brainerd neighborhood.
- A 47-year-old man was shot in the arm while standing in an alley at about 11:55 p.m. Friday n the 6000 block of South Champlain in the Woodlawn neighborhood.
- A 26-year-old man was shot in the back of the head while inside a car as he stopped at a light. The incident happened at about 2:25 a.m. Saturday in the 2500 block of West 51st Street in the Gage Park neighborhood.
- A 38-year-old man was shot while walking outside at about 2:40 a.m. Saturday in the 200 block of South Laramie in the Austin neighborhood.
- A 23-year-old man was shot in the leg, torso and back while standing in an alley at about 3 a.m. Saturday in the 6300 block of North Washtenaw in the West Rogers Park neighborhood.
- A 42-year-old man was shot multiple times in the leg at about 1:20 p.m. Saturday in the11500 block of South Laflin in the West Pullman neighborhood.
- A 17-year-old boy was shot in the forearm at about 5:10 p.m. Saturday in the 11300 block of South Racine in the Morgan Park neighborhood.
- A 22-year-old man was shot in the arm by a motorcyclist in an apparent road rage incident at about 6 p.m. Saturday in the 1500 block of Irving Park Road in the Lakeview neighborhood. A female passenger also suffered injuries from shattered glass, police said.
- A 28-year-old woman was shot in the cheek at about 10:10 p.m. Saturday in the 700 block of North Lavergne in the Austin neighborhood.
- A 27-year-old man was shot in the leg while sitting in a car just before midnight Saturday in the 4300 block of West West End Avenue in the West Garfield Park neighborhood.
- A 16-year-old boy was shot in both legs and in his buttocks while walking with a friend at about 2 a.m. Sunday in the 700 block of West 59th Street in the Englewood neighborhood.
- A 19-year-old man was shot in the back of the head while sitting in a parked car at about 5:20 a.m. Sunday in the 5200 block of South Talman in the Gage Park neighborhood.
- A 48-year-old man was shot in the leg at about 1:25 p.m. Sunday in the 6900 block of North Ashland in the Rogers Park neighborhood.