Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites. Normally, the morning after a win, we share with you plenty of happy news about how well the Bears played, but the news is different today.
Reports about Jay Cutler's broken thumb cast a huge shadow over the win. Read on for everything you need to know about the QB's thumb.
- Report: Jay Cutler has a broken thumb and will be out for 6-8 weeks. (Chicago Tribune)
- Lovie Smith confirmed the break on radio this morning. (Twitter)
- That break can change the whole tenor of the season. (ESPN Chicago)
- The Bears need Jay Cutler more than ever. (Chicago Tribune)
- One expert says that the Bears can still win without Cutler. (National Football Post)
- Peter King thinks the Bears' schedule means the Bears should feel a touch better about the injury. (Sports Illustrated)
- Cutler was not the only costly injury on Sunday. The Bears also lost their long snapper Patrick Mannelly to a knee injury. (Chicago Sun-Times)
Follow Grizzly Detail on Twitter for more thumb watch.