Looking for a good way to celebrate Earth Day besides putting on a green shirt? There's plenty going on around the city:
- Farmerie 58 (58 E. Ontario) has been offering its prix-fixe Earth Day menu, a three-course selection of sustainable and locally grown menu items. The restaurant's farm-centric outlook makes it a natural fit for Earth Day dining. The special prix-fixe menu will be offered through Saturday, April 25, at a set price of $33 per person.
- RENEW Earth Day Celebration on Wednesday at Le Passage (937 N. Rush Street). GO Green Management is hosting the event, and is introducing the GO Green Team -- numerous businesses and representatives dedicated to improving our planet. The party runs from 7 to 10 p.m., and tickets are $30.00 in advance or $40.00 at the door. (eventbrite.com)
- Berghoff restaurant (17 W Adams St) has already taken many steps to make it eco-friendly, from compact fluorescent's and a recycling program to seasonal door heaters and programmable thermostats. On Earth Day, specialty-themed cocktails like the Greenhouse Gas and the Environmintz will help customers get in the Earth Day mood.
- Lincoln Park Zoo will be buzzing on Earth Day with green- and science-related activities, including a Science Celebration at Café Brauer, colorful life-sized piñatas for animals, and hands-on educational activities promoting green-living.
- Kennedy-King College (6343 South Halsted St.) is hosting an Urban Earth Day on Wednesday. Activities include a green-themed festival, films, speakers and a panel discussion.
- Cityscape Bar is offering organic drink specials to go along with its beautiful views. Enjoy deals on Tru Organic Vodka and Tru Organic Vanilla Vodka Drinks, Peak Organic Amber Ale and Clos Du Bois Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc (Organic).
- Enjoy an evening of romantic candlelight when La Madia (59 W Grand Ave) turns out the lights in celebration of Earth Day. La Madia's Late Night Fixe allows guests to choose any salad, any pizza and a glass of the WOW (Wine of the Week), or select beer per person diners for only $27 per couple.