In a blast-from-the-past comparison, Groupon is likened to Webvan, the ill-fated grocery delivery service that collapsed after two years in business (Peapod survived; Webvan didn’t).
LivingSocial explains at length how it distinguishes itself from Groupon, and Google says its daily deal arm, Google Offers, ramped up its revenues in September.
Also, some Groupon customers on the West Coast aren't pleased with a Groupon deal on a bus trip to Vegas.
- Groupon = Webvan? (Investor’s Business Daily)
- LivingSocial's got a plan - no more daily deals; it's "local commerce." (Business Week)
- Google Offers revenue drastically improves in September. (Business Insider)
- Groupon deal strands passengers. (NBC Los Angeles)
- Today’s Deal: $20 for Three The Works Car Washes at Auto Spa (Up to $75 Value).