Eating Out for Less in Chicago
Look for Prix Fix Menus and BYOBs
NBC Chicago Street Team member D.C. Crenshaw appeared on the morning show Friday to talk about some of the best ways to save a few bucks and still have a great dining experience in Chicago.
BYOBs are one of the best ways to cut down on that restaurant bill. Here's a few favorites:
- Dorado (2301 W. Foster)
- Think Cafe (2235 N. Western Ave.)
- Wakamondo Sushi Bar (3317 N. Broadway)
- Andalous (3307 N. Clark)
- Orange (3231 N. Clark)
Prix fix menus are also another way to save some pennies. It's definitely a bonus going in when you already know the price of the appetizer, main course and dessert. Here's some sure-fire picks:
- La Madia (59 W. Grand) -- $15 will get you a pizza and a glass of wine.
- Fleming's Prime Steakhouse (25 E. Ohio St.) -- three courses for $35.
- Angelina Ristorante (3561 N. Broadway) -- $42 fixed price menu on Tuesdays.
- Cuatro (2030 S. Wabash Ave.) -- $30 fixed price menu.
- Carlucci (1801 Butterfield Rd) -- $15.95 family-style special on Sundays.
Published at 3:39 PM CDT on Jul 17, 2009 | Updated at 7:09 AM CST on Nov 21, 2008