CASH ON HAND$30,292
RUNNING FOR CONGRESSJOE WALSH (R)
The Man: The third time could be the charm for Republican candidate Joe Walsh. Walsh was defeated in both a state and U.S. Congressional run for office during the preceding decade. Now he's looking to find victory in his home district.
Walsh is facing off against a incumbent Melissa Bean, and throughout his campaign Walsh has highlighted his strong ties with the Tea Party.
The Knock: The biggest strike against Walsh is that he lacks the support of his own party. After defeating his opponents in the primary race, the public learned of Walsh’s troubled past that included evictions, foreclosures, and an arrest for a suspended license. Despite his party’s plea to step down, he chose to run anyway.
The Strategy: Mend fences with the GOP and hope voters give Bean the boot.
- SunTimes Questionnaire
- Chicago Tribune Questionaire
- Examiner discusses Walsh putting his own ambitions first over his party
- Northwest Herald reports 8th district election a "Three-way race"
- Yahoo's Associated Content breaks down 8th district campaigns
- Northwest Herald reports Walsh on health care and spending