Editor's Note: NBC Chicago includes shootings that took place between 6 p.m. Friday and 12 a.m. Monday in the weekend violence report.
At least 26 people have been shot across Chicago this weekend, including two teens who were shot during a South Side parade Saturday afternoon.
The shooting took place just after 12:30 p.m. in the 4200 block of South King Drive during the South Side's 85th Annual Bud Billiken Parade, a family event intended to get students excited about the upcoming school year.
An 18-year-old man was shot in the left arm and was transported to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where his condition was stabilized, said Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Veejay Zala.
A 17-year-old man was also shot in the hand and suffered a graze wound to the buttocks. He was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County in stable condition.
Also near the parade, a 22-year-old man was shot around 11 a.m. in the right leg in the 0-100 block of East 35th Street. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition. Police said the wound may have been self-inflicted.
A few hours later, a 23-year-old man was shot in the 5700 block of South Shields Avenue. The man told police he was walking down the street around 3:10 p.m. when someone opened fire at him. The man was treated at the scene and refused to go to the hospital, police said.
Saturday evening, a 41-year-old man was shot during an altercation at a barbecue.
Police said a woman was involved in a physical altercation with two other women at a barbecue in the 500 block of East 42nd Place. After the fight, two men opened fire at her. During the incident, one of the gunmen was shot in the leg. Police said a 41-year-old offender was taken into custody after he walked into Provident Hospital of Cook County. A 44-year-old man was also taken into custody at the scene. The female victim suffered minor bruises from the fight but not injured in the shooting. Charges were pending against both men.
On Sunday, at least six others were shot.
- Just after midnight, police said a 28-year-old man was shot in the leg. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition. He told police he was standing outside in the 5500 block of South Carpenter Street when shots were fired from someone in a passing vehicle.
- About 15 minutes later, another 28-year-old man was shot. The man said he was walking in the 7100 block of South Morgan Street when two men wearing hoodies walked up to him and opened fire. The man was shot in the knee and was taken in stable condition to Stroger Hospital.
- Around 1 a.m., a 20-year-old man was shot in the leg in the 6300 block of South Ashland Avenue. The man told authorities he was walking on the street when someone exited a light-colored vehicle and began firing at him. He was shot in the leg and taken to Holy Cross Hospital for treatment.
- Around 3:40 a.m., a 19-year-old man was shot in the leg in the 6500 block of South Maryland. The teen was outside when he heard shots and felt pain, police said. He told officers a car had passed by around the time of the shooting but could not say what kind of car. The teen was taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition.
- Thirty minutes later, a 17-year-old man was shot when a man opened fire from a gangway in the 1200 block of North Keeler. The teen was shot in the leg and taken to Illinois Masonic Medical Center in stable condition.
- Just before 5 a.m., police said a 24-year-old man suffered a through-and-through gunshot wound to the abdomen during a shooting in the 8900 block of South Oglesby. The man was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in serious condition. Further details surrounding the shooting were not immediately available.
- At 6:15 a.m., a 16-year-old boy was shot in the arm in the 4600 block of South Paulina Street. The teen was in a vehicle when he was shot, police said. He took himself to Stroger Hospital for treatment.
- Around 8:50 a.m. Sunday, a 20-year-old man was shot in an alley in the 900 block of North Drake Avenue, police said. The man told authorities he "heard shots and felt pain." He suffered a wound to the buttocks and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition.
- Just before 2 p.m., police said a 20-year-old man was shot in the arm in the 7400 block of North Ridge Avenue in the Rogers Park neighborhood. The man took himself to Presence Saint Francis Hospital in Evanston.
- Around 3 p.m., a 17-year-old woman was shot while standing in an alley in the 3900 block of South Indiana Avenue in the city's Bronzeville neighborhood. The woman told police she "heard shots and felt pain." She was taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition with a gunshot wound to the right leg.
- At about the same time, a 22-year-old man was shot in the left arm during a dice game in the 5300 block of South Aberdeen Street in the Back of the Yards neighborhood. The victim was taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition, but police said he was not cooperating with officers.
- About 30 minutes later, a 35-year-old man suffered a graze wound to the head after he was approached by a man in the 12300 block of South Michigan Avenue. Police said the man attempted to engage the victim in a conversation then fired shots at him and fled the scene. The victim was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in stable condition.
- Around 4:30 p.m., a 16-year-old boy was shot in the right leg in the 6700 block of South Champlain Avenue. He was taken in stable condition to Comer Children's Hospital.
- Around the same time, a 27-year-old man was shot in the 6700 block of South Langley Avenue. The man told police he was approached by another man who fired shots and fled the scene in a black Dodge Charger. The victim was shot in the abdoment and buttocks and was taken to Stroger in serious condition.
- Just after 7 p.m., a 21-year-old man was shot in the foot after someone walked up to him in the 8400 block of South Kilbourn Avenue and opened fire. The offender fled the scene in a van and the victim was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in good condition.
- Around 10:30 p.m., a 16-year-old boy was killed during a shooting in the 5900 block of South Justine Street. Police said the teen was in an alley with a group of men when another group of men fired shots at them, striking the teen in the face. Officials said the teen was transported to Stroger Hospital where he was pronounced dead. No one else was wounded in the shooting.