With kickoff between the Chicago Bears and Cincinnati Bengals just two days away, there is plenty of excitement in the city about the upcoming NFL season, and there is plenty to get to in today's edition of Bears Bites.
- Jon Greenberg is optimistic about the Bears' season, and he has a blueprint for the team to follow if they want to finish with a 10-6 record and virtually ensure themselves of a spot in the playoffs. [ESPN Chicago]
- There will be four new starters on the Bears' offensive line on opening day, but center Roberto Garza remains in his spot, and he recognizes what he needs to do to help the team win. [Bears.com]
- It appears that DJ Williams, not Jon Bostic, will be the starting middle linebacker for the Bears in Week 1. Hub Arkush has more on this story. [HubArkush.com]
- Yesterday, our 2013 NFL picks were revealed, and several other outlets filed suit. Here is the Chicago Tribune's selections....
- And here are Dan Durkin's [670 The Score]
- Offensive coordinators from Mike Martz to Mike Tice have praised QB Jay Cutler's abilities and his willingness to learn, but the narrative always ends the same way: with the coach getting the axe. This time, though, it might be different with Marc Trestman. [CSN Chicago]
- With the Bengals appearing on HBO's Hard Knocks this year, it shouldn't be too big of a surprise that one team in particular paid close attention to the show: their Week 1 opponents, the Bears. [Chicago Sun-Times]
- Finally, DA COACH has weighed in with his Super Bowl picks. Not surprisingly, he shows a bit of hometown bias and picks the Bears. [The Sports Bank]