Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on Brian Urlacher, which Bear made the top 100 list and a look at what people thought of Red Grange, the broadcaster.
- Brian Urlacher was close with his former coach, Lovie Smith. He said his desire to play would be stronger if Smith were still around. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- The feeling is mutual. Smith said Urlacher was like family to him. (ESPN Chicago)
- Not all of the news today revolves around Urlacher. Julius Peppers was ranked no. 54 in the NFL's top 100 list. (NFL.com)
- Want to step back in time? Check out this criticism of Red Grange as a broadcaster from 1956. (Kissing Suzy Kolber)
- Marc Trestman has a history of building up quarterbacks. He is going to expect a lot from Jay Cutler and Co. (Chicago Sun-Times)