ATLANTA - OCTOBER 12: Brian Urlacher #54 of the Chicago Bears listens to head coach Lovie Smith during the game against the Atlanta Falcons at the Georgia Dome on October 12, 2008 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on Brian Urlacher, which Bear made the top 100 list and a look at what people thought of Red Grange, the broadcaster.
- Brian Urlacher was close with his former coach, Lovie Smith. He said his desire to play would be stronger if Smith were still around. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- The feeling is mutual. Smith said Urlacher was like family to him. (ESPN Chicago)
- Not all of the news today revolves around Urlacher. Julius Peppers was ranked no. 54 in the NFL's top 100 list. (NFL.com)
- Want to step back in time? Check out this criticism of Red Grange as a broadcaster from 1956. (Kissing Suzy Kolber)
- Marc Trestman has a history of building up quarterbacks. He is going to expect a lot from Jay Cutler and Co. (Chicago Sun-Times)
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations