Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news that will get you through your post-Memorial Day hangover. Read on for more on Brian Urlacher's retirement, Mike Ditka's number being retired and who was the coach that taught Jim Harbaugh everything.
- Brian Urlacher played for Chicago for 13 years. Still, he never forgot where he came from and his New Mexico roots. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Now that his career is over, Brian Urlacher has time to look back. He ranked his five favorite games. (Chicago Tribune)
- It's fitting that Mike Ditka's No. 89 is being retired. No one has done much with it since he stopped playing. (ESPN Chicago)
- Ditka isn't the only former Bear who got over his estrangement from the team. Dick Butkus returned to the team after an absence. (Chicago Tribune)
- 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said he learned everything from a Bear coach. Marc Trestman was on staff with him in Oakland. (ESPN Chicago)
- The Bears placed a full-page ad in the Chicago Sun-Times and Chicago Tribune thanking Brian Urlacher for his career. See what it looked like. (Chicago Sun-Times)