Joe Cowan #26 of the UCLA Bruins carries the ball against Chris Conte #17 of the California Golden Bears at the Pasadena Rose Bowl on October 20, 2007, in Pasadena, Calif.
Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your Friday rundown of Bears news.
- The blog that covered new Chicago Bear Chris Conte during his days as a California Golden Bear gives an idea of what to expect from the safety. (Windy City Gridiron)
- The Ravens criticized the Bears, saying that not giving up the draft pick for the botched trade was not in Bears tradition. Dan Pompei argues that it's the exact thing George Halas would have done. (Chicago Tribune)
- But that snafu may lead to rules changes for draft day. (Yahoo! Sports)
- Mike Martz is not concerned about a contract extension. He believes it will get done. (Pro Football Talk)
- It's official: George McCaskey took over the chairmanship of the Bears from his brother Michael. (Chicago Sun-Times)
Follow Grizzly Detail on Twitter.
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations