Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your Friday rundown of Bears news.
- The blog that covered new Chicago Bear Chris Conte during his days as a California Golden Bear gives an idea of what to expect from the safety. (Windy City Gridiron)
- The Ravens criticized the Bears, saying that not giving up the draft pick for the botched trade was not in Bears tradition. Dan Pompei argues that it's the exact thing George Halas would have done. (Chicago Tribune)
- But that snafu may lead to rules changes for draft day. (Yahoo! Sports)
- Mike Martz is not concerned about a contract extension. He believes it will get done. (Pro Football Talk)
- Take a look at how Mike Martz's routes can be broken down. (National Football Post)
- It's official: George McCaskey took over the chairmanship of the Bears from his brother Michael. (Chicago Sun-Times)