Sure, you've seen the "more than a gazillion served" signs under the Golden Arches, but we've found a milestone that we think is way cooler.
Nacional 27, that mecca of Latin fusion cuisine and cocktails in River North, is set to serve its 300,000th mojito next week, and you get to reap the rewards. If you're the lucky 300,000th person to order up one of master mixologist Adam Seger's luscious concoctions, you'll be blessed with them -- gratis! -- for an entire year.
Even if you're the 299,999th or the 300,001st person to order a cocktail, everyone benefits from "Mojito Week," which will be celebrated at Nacional 27 from Monday, Aug. 10 through Saturday, Aug. 15.
Daily food and drink specials include the following:
- Nacional 27's "Late Latin Lunch" offering three courses accompanied by cocktails, wine or sangria for $27 (served Monday through Saturday until 6:30 p.m.)
- "Big Red Monday" featuring $5 glasses of high-end red wines
- "Tango Tuesday" with complimentary tango lessons with a food or beverage purchase starting at 7 p.m. and a "Tapas Tuesday Tasting" for $9.95
- The "Feast Like a Farmer" four-course menu offering menu items and sangria made with seasonal organic produce ($36.95) on Wednesday
- "Latin Lounge" drinks available on Thursday (white port-and-tonic, Latin Long Island and hibiscus margaritas served in 27-ounce pitchers for $8.95-$9.95 per person)
- Complimentary tapas from 3:30-5:30 p.m. and free salsa dance lessons at 10:30 p.m. on Friday
- "Salsa Saturday" featuring salsa and merengue dancing with DJ George Perez accompanied by a live horn section from 11 p.m. until 3 a.m.