Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on how minicamp shaped up, how the storm affected the Bears, and Lovie Smith's TV debut.
- As a new head coach, Marc Trestman gets extra time with his team. But he was so impressed with how things went that they wrapped up minicamp early. (Chicago Tribune)
- Yesterday's storm affected commutes for every type of worker, including football players. Brandon Marshall and Henry Melton couldn't make it to Lake Forest from downtown. (ESPN Chicago)
- New Bear Martellus Bennett has already impressed the coaching staff. Thoughout minicamp, he was a student of the game. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Lovie Smith made his ESPN debut yesterday. It was much like his tenure with the Bears, so-so. (Chicago Tribune)
- Aaron Kromer knows the problems with the Bears' offensive line. He is going to try a mix-and-match approach to see what works. (Chicago Sun-Times)
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media