Ohio Man Accused of Holding 14-Year-Old Girl Hostage as Sex Slave While Wearing Electronic Monitoring Device

While 20-year-old Cody Lee Jackson was on electronic monitoring in an abduction case, he had a 14-year-old girl dropped off at his home by taxi, held her captive for months and raped her, according to criminal charges and court records.

An Ohio man had a 14-year-old girl dropped off at his home by taxi, held her captive for months and raped and impregnated her, all while on electronic monitoring as part of an unrelated abduction case, according to criminal charges and court records.

Cody Lee Jackson, 20, fled the state without the teen after pleading guilty this summer to interference with custody in connection with the original abduction case. Charges of abduction and kidnapping were dismissed, state court records show.

Federal court documents indicate Jackson contacted the teenager through Facebook in February after pleading not guilty in the prior case, which involved two females who said Jackson held them against their will at a hotel in Blue Ash, Ohio, in 2014.

Jackson was being monitored at his apartment in the Cincinnati suburb of Norwood when he arranged for a taxi to deliver the teen to him on several occasions and had sexual intercourse with her, the FBI affidavit states.

By March, he would no longer let the teen leave his apartment "unless it was with him or at his direction," according to federal documents. He punished her physically for violations of rules he set, which included not talking to other men and not showering or using the restroom without permission, the documents say. The 14-year-old became pregnant after spending nearly two months at Jackson's apartment, authorities said in the affidavit.

Federal authorities said Jackson supposedly had a 20-year-old woman keep an eye on the girl and take her out of his apartment when monitoring officials checked on him.

The documents also allege Jackson reached out to the girl by cellphone after he left Ohio and threatened to kill her and her family if she didn't take sexually explicit photos of herself and send them to him on Facebook. He allegedly used his Facebook accounts to transfer the pornographic images.

He was arrested last week in Utah when he tried to run away after giving a fake name to drug task force officers who were conducting a routine stop at a bus station, according to Salt Lake City jail documents. Jackson will be brought back to Ohio for sentencing on the interference conviction and to face numerous federal and state charges stemming from his alleged crimes while on electronic monitoring.

State court officials didn't provide further details Thursday on Jackson's monitoring earlier this year. Triffon Callos, a spokesman for the Hamilton County prosecutor's office, confirmed the state charges against Jackson and his guilty plea but referred calls about the monitoring system to the county sheriff's electronic monitoring division.

Sheriff's spokesman Michael Robison Thursday confirmed that Jackson wore the monitoring device from Jan. 22 until July 31 this year.

"We conducted our typical unscheduled and unannounced home visits," Robison said. "He was required to report weekly to his assigned officer, which he did, and he complied with all other conditions," of his monitoring.

The FBI affidavit reveals Jackson was taken off electronic monitoring after entering a guilty plea in the 2014 state case, and fled Ohio prior to his sentencing in August. The captive teen returned to her family with help from the landlord, federal documents said.

Jackson now faces federal charges of coercion and enticement of a minor to engage in illegal sexual activity and production of child pornography. The charges were unsealed Wednesday in federal court in Cincinnati. He also faces state charges, including rape, kidnapping, unlawful sexual conduct with a minor and interference with custody.

Court records don't list an attorney for Jackson.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us