Chicago police say that a man has robbed at least five people as they’ve gotten off trains in different areas of the city.
In each of the robberies, the suspect walked up to a person as they were getting off a train and demanded property from the victims. He displayed a weapon in each of the robberies, according to a community alert issued by police.
According to the alert, the suspect is wearing a dark, hooded coat with a tan scarf, faded jeans, and tan boots.
The robberies have occurred over the last five days, and have occurred at different spots around the city:
- Dec. 25 between 11:45 p.m. and midnight in the first 0-100 block of West Harrison near Metra's LaSalle Street Station and the CTA's Harrison Red Line station.
- Dec. 26 between 10:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. in the 200 block of South State Street between the Monroe and Jackson Red Line stations.
- Dec. 27 at 12:09 a.m. in the 200 block of West 47th Street near the 47th Red Line station.
- Dec. 28 at 12:45 a.m. in the 200 block of South State Street
- Dec. 28 between 3:30 a.m. and 4 a.m. in the 900 block of West Fullerton near the Fullerton Red Line station.
Anyone with information on the robberies is asked to call police at (312) 747-8380.