Chicago Police

Man Found Dead Inside Macy's on State Street Died From Apparent Overdose, Police Say

The 22-year-old man was found dead about 6:30 a.m. at the store, according to Chicago police

A man who was found dead Monday in a bathroom at the Macy’s on State Street died from an apparent drug overdose, police said. 

A security guard doing rounds while the store was closed found the man at 6:21 a.m. inside a restroom at the store, 111 N. State St., according to Chicago police.

The guard initially thought the man was sleeping, but called 911 after realizing he was unresponsive, police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police said the homeless man was thought to be between 22 and 24 years old.

The Cook County medical examiner’s office has not released details about the death.

Area Central detectives are conducting a death investigation.

[NATL] Top News Photos: Pope Visits Japan, and More

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us