Crews responded to reports of an accident involving a man who allegedly fell at Starved Rock State Park Saturday morning, authorities said.
According to Utica Fire officials, crews were dispatched at around 10:03 a.m. Saturday to Council Overhand, located on the eastern end of the park, after a 30-year-old man fell about 30 to 40 feet from above.
LaSalle County Sheriff Department confirmed to NBC 5 around 11:30 a.m. that the coroner had been dispatched to the scene as the victim was found dead on arrival.
"Witnesses say he was with a group filming and was in a restricted area, creating effects for the film when he fell," Utica Fire Chief Ben Brown said.
An autopsy is expected to take place Sunday, Brown stated.
The area was temporarily closed until 12:30 p.m., officials said, but it has since reopened.
No other information was immediately known.