Fire Spreads Through Glenwood Strip Mall

The fire spread to several other neighboring businesses

A fire burned through a strip mall in south suburban Glenwood overnight Thursday. 

The blaze started around 12:15 a.m. at 305 Glenwood Lansing Road, said Glenwood Police Chief Demetrius Cook. 

The flames spread from Bolo and Lulu's Shark's Chicken and Fish restaurant to nearby businesses, including a daycare, hair salon and insurance company, Cook said. 

Officials couldn't confirm reports of an explosion preceding the fire, he said. 

No one was hurt.

Contact Us