CO Leak Sends 11 Children to Hospitals

Ambulances respond to call of CO leak

Eleven children were taken to area hospitals Monday night because of a carbon monoxide leak at a Boys and Girls Club on the West Side. 

At least 10 ambulances were called to 2950 W. Washington Blvd., reportedly a Boys and Girls Club, because of high CO levels.

Eleven children were taken to several different area hospitals, and were all in good condition, said Fire Media Affairs spokesman Q. Curtis.

Carbon Monoxide, with the chemical formula CO, is a colorless and odorless, tasteless, yet highly toxic gas.

View Larger Map
Contact Us