Three people are dead and at least 18 have been wounded in shootings across the city of Chicago this weekend.
Just before 6 p.m. Friday afternoon, a 31-year-old man was found in an alley in the 0-100 block of East 87th Street with gunshot wounds to his head and chest, police said.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. A witness told authorities that a person fired shots at the victim, then fled the scene in a black sedan.
No offender is in custody, and Area South Detectives are investigating the shooting.
Early Saturday morning, another fatal shooting took place in the 2800 block of West Washington when a 57-year-old man was shot in the neck, police said.
Witnesses told police that they heard gunshots and then saw the man lying on the ground next to a minivan. The man was shot in the neck and was pronounced dead at the scene.
No one is in custody, and police are investigating.
Just over an hour later, another man, a 36-year-old, was shot to death while standing on a back porch in the 1600 block of South Loomis, according to authorities.
Witnesses say they heard shots just after 3:30 a.m., and when they stepped outside they saw the man lying unresponsive on the porch. He was pronounced dead at the scene, and Area Central Detectives are investigating.
Here are the rest of the weekend’s shootings thus far:
- Just after 2:30 p.m., a 17-year-old boy was standing on a corner in the 6800 block of South Wood when he heard gunshots and began to run. The boy was struck in the arm, and was taken to Christ Hospital in stable condition, police said.
- A 22-year-old man is in good condition after he was shot in the 4000 block of West Madison, police said. The man was standing on a sidewalk when a person opened fire, striking him in the right hip. Police say the gunman fled the scene in a gray vehicle, and the victim was taken to Mount Sinai.
- In the 2000 block of West 69th Place at approximately 2:30 a.m., a 25-year-old woman was on a sidewalk when a person stepped out of a gangway and fired shots, striking her in the leg, police said. The woman was taken to the University of Chicago, where she’s listed in good condition.
- Just before 3 a.m. in the 2800 block of Ida B. Wells Drive, a 40-year-old man was shot in the abdomen and is listed in critical condition, police said. Officers near the scene heard shots and responded immediately to the scene, but were unable to apprehend a suspect.
- A total of five people were shot in the 7900 block of South Loomis at approximately 2:58 a.m. Saturday morning, police said. The victims reported that they were gathered on a sidewalk when a person in a grey sedan drove up and opened fire, striking five people. Two of the victims, a 24-year-old man and a 31-year-old man, were shot in the chest and were listed in critical condition at area hospitals. A 27-year-old man and a 29-year-old woman were shot in the leg and were both listed in stable condition, while a 37-year-old man suffered a graze wound to his wrist and refused medical treatment.
- In the 12000 block of South Wallace at approximately 3:21 a.m., two people were shot while sitting in a vehicle, police said. A man on foot approached the car and opened fire, striking a 39-year-old woman in the arms and legs. She was taken to an area hospital in serious condition. Another victim, a 30-year-old man, got out of the car and fled the scene after being shot in the arms and torso, and he’s in stable condition at Christ Medical Center.
- At approximately 5:21 a.m. in the 5100 block of West Chicago Avenue, a total of three people were shot, police said. A 38-year-old man is in serious condition after he was shot in the left arm and chest. A 29-year-old man, who was shot in the leg, and a 34-year-old man, also shot in the leg, were taken to West Suburban Medical Center, where they are listed in good condition. Two of the three victims have already left the hospital, and all three were uncooperative with police.
- In the 12300 block of South State Street at approximately 5:55 a.m., two men were shot after a person in a blue SUV opened fire, according to police. The men walked into Roseland Hospital, with a 22-year-old man listed in serious condition after being shot in the abdomen, and a 24-year-old man in good condition after being shot in the hand. Both men were later transferred to Cook County Hospital.
- A 21-year-old man was shot in the 4900 block of West Superior at approximately 6:25 a.m., police said. The man was shot in the lower extremities and in the lower back, and was listed in serious condition at Cook County Hospital.
- At approximately 9 a.m. in the 8500 block of South Muskegon, a 23-year-old man was shot by a person in a black sedan, police said. The man was taken to University of Chicago Medical Center, where he was listed in serious condition with a gunshot wound to his thigh.