Three people are dead and at least 18 more have been wounded in shootings across the city of Chicago this weekend.
The weekend's most recent fatal shooting occurred Sunday afternoon in the 5000 block of South Winchester, police said. At approximately 2:10 p.m., a 19-year-old man was approached by another individual, who fired multiple shots at him.
The man was struck in the neck and head by the gunshots, and was later pronounced dead at Mount Sinai Hospital.
A shooting on Saturday night in the 5900 block of West Madison left three boys wounded. They were standing on a sidewalk when a vehicle approached and an occupant opened fire, striking all three of them.
A 16-year-old was shot in the stomach and a 14-year-old was shot in the arm, and both were taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition, police said. A third boy, a 16-year-old, was takne to Loyola in stable condition after he was shot in the buttocks.
No one is in custody in the shooting, and detectives are investigating.
Another fatal shooting occurred Saturday afternoon in the 2600 block of North Long, police said. At approximately 1:17 p.m., a man, believed to be in his 20’s, was shot in the chest, and was brought to Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital. The man was later pronounced dead, according to police.
No arrests have been made, and no further details are available at this time.
The weekend’s first fatality occurred on Friday night in the 400 block of West 38th Place. Police responded to a shots fired call around 8:30 p.m., and when they arrived on the scene they found a man with a gunshot wound to his neck.
The man was rushed to Stroger Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. No one is in custody, and police are still investigating the shooting.
- Officers responded to a call of shots fired in the 400 block of West 38th Place and found an adult man with a gunshot wound to his neck, police said. The man was pronounced dead at Stroger Hospital.
- A 31-year-old woman was shot while sitting in a vehicle in the 2800 block of South Harding around 11:49 p.m. Friday night, police said. She was taken to Mt. Sinai in stable condition with a graze wound to her head.
- A 28-year-old man was shot while walking on a sidewalk in the 3800 block of West Leland at approximately 12:16 a.m. The man was walking when a gold sedan drove by, with one of the occupants opening fire. The man was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Center in stable condition with a gunshot wound to his right leg.
- A 23-year-old man was walking on a sidewalk in the 4700 block of West Wellington when a group of men walked up to him and opened fire. He was taken to Illinois Masonic in stable condition with gunshot wounds to his back and abdomen.
- Just after 6 a.m. in the 3500 block of West Jackson, a 47-year-old man was standing in the street when another man walked up to him and opened fire. The victim sustained gunshot wounds to the stomach and left knee, and was taken to Mount Sinai in serious condition.
- In the 5800 block of South Indiana at approximately 11:02 a.m., a 36-year-old man was shot in the mouth, according to police. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in serious condition.
- A man in his 20’s was shot in the chest and later died at Illinois Masonic, police said. The incident occurred in the 2600 block of North Long at approximately 1:17 p.m.
- At approximately 2:25 p.m. in the 1300 block of West 78th Street, a man exited a vehicle and fired multiple shots at a 17-year-old boy. The boy was struck in the arms, leg, and back, and was taken to Christ Hospital in serious condition.
- Three people were shot in the 5900 block of West Madison at approximately 6:30 p.m., police said. All three, teenage boys, were listed in stable condition at local hospitals.
- A 24-year-old man was walking in the 10500 block of South Edbrooke when a person walked up to him and opened fire. He was struck in the knee and is listed in stable condition.
- A 20-year-old man was walking in the 7100 block of South Troy when he heard shots and felt pain in his foot. He was taken to Holy Cross in good condition with a graze wound, authorities said.
- A 25-year-old man was shot in the ankle in the 3800 block of West Huron at approximately 10:30 p.m., police said. He was taken to Norwegian Hospital in fair condition.
- A 21-year-old woman was riding in a car in the 5200 block of South Whipple when she was shot by an unknown person standing in the street. She refused treatment after suffering a graze wound to her back.
- A 21-year-old man was shot in the 0-100 block of West 111th Place at approximately 3:50 a.m., police said. He was found sitting in the driver's seat of a car with multiple gunshot wounds, and is in critical condition at Christ Hospital.
- In the 0-100 block of 79th Street at approximately 11:30 a.m., a 23-year-old man was standing in a parking lot when he was shot by occupants in two different cars. He suffered gunshot wounds to his shoulder and arm, and was listed in stable condition at Stroger, police said.
- A 19-year-old man was shot and killed in the 5000 block of South Winchester at approximately 2:10 p.m.
- A 44-year-old man was shot in the leg at approximately 4:11 p.m. in the 2500 block of South Homan, police said. He was taken to Mt. Sinai in good condition.
- An unknown man walked up to a group of people in the 7000 block of South State Street and opened fire at approximately 4:24 p.m., striking a 19-year-old woman in the buttocks. She was taken to St. Bernard Hospital in good condition.
- A 22-year-old man was walking in the 4500 block of South Hermitage at approximately 7:41 p.m. when a car approached and an occupant fired shots. He was struck in the buttocks, and was taken to Stroger in good condition.
No one is in custody in these shootings, unless otherwise noted.