Two people have died and seven others have sustained injuries in crimes so far this weekend across the city of Chicago, police said.
In the first fatal incident, a 23-year-old man was stabbed multiple times during an argument at approximately 11:23 p.m. Friday night in the 400 block of North Milwaukee. The victim was taken to Stroger Hospital where he was pronounced dead while the suspect was placed into custody on scene.
At approximately 2:54 p.m. Saturday in the 7300 block of South Bennett, a 51-year-old woman was inside a vehicle when an unknown offender approached and shot her in the head, police said. The victim was transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center where she died.
Here are the other incidents that have happened so far this weekend as of Saturday evening:
- A 19-year-old man was riding in a vehicle at approximately 1:30 a.m. in the 2600 block of North Laramie when an unknown man in a passing silver sedan fired shots, police said. The victim sustained a gunshot wound to the throat and was taken to Loyola University Medical Center in stable condition.
- At approximately 4:25 a.m. in the 7800 block of South Eberhart, a 34-year-old woman was shot in the leg by her 48-year-old boyfriend during an argument, police said. The suspect fled the scene on foot while the victim was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in fair condition.
- In the 6200 block of South Michigan at approximately 5:11 a.m., a 29-year-old man was shot while entering a building, police said. The victim was struck once in the lower left back and taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was listed in stable condition.
- At approximately 7:10 a.m. in the 7500 block of South Perry, a 44-year-old man was shot while walking, according to police. The victim sustained two gunshot wounds and self-transported to Holy Cross Hospital in stable condition.
- In the 1400 block of East 69th Place at approximately 12 p.m., a 58-year-old female victim was on her front porch when two men ran through and alley and fired shots, striking the victim in the lower back. The victim was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center where she was listed in stable condition.
- At approximately 7:59 p.m. in the 4800 block of West Maypole, a 16-year-old male was shot while standing on the corner, police said. The victim was approached by an offender on foot who produced a gun and fired shots, according to police. The victim was taken to Stroger Hospital in good condition.
- A 44-year-old man sustained a gunshot wound to the right side of the body at approximately 7:57 p.m. in the 0-100 block of East 57th Street, officials said. The victim was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in good condition.