On Oct. 9, 1.7 million spectators, along with over 40,000 runners, will descend on the city to watch the 2016 Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
President Barack Obama will also be in town this weekend, making getting around the city possibly even more difficult.
Here is what you need to know about how to get around the marathon traffic.
Race start times: The wheelchair start will begin at 7:20 a.m., the handcycle start at 7:22 a.m. and the Athletes with Disabilities start at 7:23 a.m. Wave 1 participants will begin the race at 7:30 a.m. and Wave 2 at 8 a.m.
Locations: The start and finish lines are both located in Grant Park on Columbus Drive. The 26.2-mile course runs through 29 Chicago neighborhoods — extending north to Addison St., west to Damen Ave. and south to 35th street.
Parking: No parking zones along the course will be enforced beginning at 1:00 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 9. Towing of vehicles parked along the marathon course also begins at this time.
Metra: On Oct. 9, Metra will run special inbound and outbound trains, operating in addition to regularly scheduled Sunday train service. A list of Metra's extended race day service is available on the Metra Rail website.
CTA: Extra trains will be operating on the Blue, Red, Orange, Brown, Green and purple lines. See the CTA website for the latest updates.
Street Closures: Streets will close along the marathon route between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Oct. 9, reopening as soon as the final runners pass through (at a 15-minute mile pace). Below is a full list of street closures with anticipated closing and opening times from the Chicago Marathon and Chicago Department of Transportation.
• Columbus Dr.: Randolph St. to Grand Ave. 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
• Grand Ave.: Columbus Dr. to State St. 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
• State St.: Grand Ave. to Jackson Blvd. 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
• Jackson Blvd.: State St. to LaSalle St. 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
• LaSalle St.: Jackson Blvd. to Stockton Dr. 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
• Stockton Dr.: LaSalle Dr. to Fullerton Dr. 7 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
• Fullerton Dr.: Stockton Dr. to Cannon Dr. 7 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
• Cannon Dr.: Fullerton Dr. to Sheridan Rd. 7 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
• Sheridan Rd.: Diversey Pkwy. to Belmont Ave. 7 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
• Inner Lakeshore Dr.: Belmont Ave. to Addison St. 7 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
• Addison St.: Inner Lakeshore Dr. to Broadway St. 7 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
• Broadway St.: Addison St. to Diversey Pkwy. 7 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
• Clark St.: Diversey Pkwy. to Webster Ave. 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• Webster Ave.: Clark St. to Sedgwick St. 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• Sedgwick St.: Webster Ave. to North Ave. 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• North Ave.: Sedgwick St. to Wells St. 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Wells St.: North Ave. to Hubbard St. 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Hubbard St.: Wells St. to Orleans St. 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Orleans St.: Hubbard St. to Wacker Dr. 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Franklin St.: Wacker Dr. to Monroe St. 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Monroe St.: Franklin St. to Jefferson St. 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Jefferson St.: Monroe St. to Adams St. 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Adams St.: Jefferson St. to Damen Ave. 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Damen Ave.: Adams St. to Van Buren St. 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Van Buren St.: Damen Ave. to Ogden Ave. 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Ogden Ave.: Van Buren St. to Jackson Blvd. 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Jackson Blvd.: Ogden Ave. to Halsted St. 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Halsted St.: Jackson Blvd. to Taylor St. 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Taylor St.: Halsted St. to Ashland Ave. 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• Ashland Ave.: Taylor St. to 18th St. 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• 18th St.: Ashland Ave. to Halsted St. 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• Halsted St.: 18th St. to Archer Ave. 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Archer Ave.: Halsted St. to Cermak Rd. 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Cermak Rd.: Archer Ave. to Wentworth Ave. 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Wentworth Ave.: Cermak Rd. to 33rd St. 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• 33rd St.: Wentworth Ave. to State St. 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• State St.: 33rd St. to 35th St. 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• 35th St.: State St. to Michigan Ave. 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Michigan Ave.: 35th St. to Roosevelt Rd. 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Roosevelt Rd.: Michigan Ave. to Columbus Dr. 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.