For nearly a year, NBC 5 viewers have asked why sports anchor Mike Adamle has been absent from the 10 p.m. news team.
Now, Adamle has come forward to explain what happened.
Read his story here or watch the interview below. His story continues on NBC 5 at 10 p.m. Wednesday.
1. What have you been going through this past year?
2. What is your diagnosis?
3. What is a typical day like for you?
4. Why do you believe it's related to football?
5. Why don't you go out anymore? How dementia can force an athlete to hide.
6. What are some of the symptoms you experience?
7. Do you experience pain?
8. How can you slow down the affect?
9. How difficult is it for you to face this challenge the way you have faced so many other challenges?
10. Would you play football again?
11. Ballad of Special Teams: Mike Adamle recites poem he wrote as a Chicago Bear