With Ravinia launching its 2009 season on Friday, June 5, the Grant Park Music Festival starting up on Tuesday, June 9 and the Movies in the Park series at Grant Park following in July and August, it's time to dust off that picnic basket in the basement and buy a citronella candle or two. More importantly, you'll want to figure out how to impress your evening picnic dates with some delicious eats slightly more refined than a bucket of fried chicken or a greasy bag of fast food. Here are a handful of places around town where you can get some gourmet picnic eats to go:
- Trotters to Go, 1337 West Fullerton Ave., 773-868-6510.
- The Goddess and the Grocer, multiple locations; Gold Coast location: 25 E. Delaware Place, 312-896-2600. Bucktown location: 1646 North Damen Ave., 773-342-3200.
- The Brasserie's Market, 1211 N. Wells St., 312-943-0540.
- Southport Grocery, 3552 N. Southport Ave., 773-665-0100.
- Fox & Obel, 401 E. Illinois, 312-410-7301.