- Records show that the Chicago Police Board approved the firing of three officers last month, including Nathan Hicks who fled the scene during a 2006 incident in which a suspect pulled a weapon on him and other officers.
- Break out the OFF! Two more cases of West Nile have been reported in Cook County.
- In an effort to cut overtime costs and raise officer morale, the Chicago Police Department will implement new schedules for officers in a dozen districts in 2009, including a 10-hour-a-day/four-day work week.
- Michael Matti, 28, of Batavia, has been charged with felony theft and residential burglary after stealing another resident's dog, keeping the dog in a storage unit, and demanding ransom from the dog's owner.
- The New York Times' Style Magazine - Fall Travel 2008 issue features a look at Hyde Park's Woodlawn Tap.
Photo by Giant Gingko
Copyright Chist - Chicagoist