The top cocktail bars in the Windy City were recognized Monday with the first Chicago Bar Awards hosted by Time Out Chicago.
The awards were announced Monday in an event aimed at celebrating "the best of the best of the Windy City booze scene."
In Chicago, 30 bars were nominated as contenders.
“Chicago’s cocktail scene is thriving and it was incredibly exciting to see so many of our favorite bartenders and enthusiastic all come together for one evening that celebrates the talent and creativity of the city’s most notable bars and mixologists,” Associate Publisher of Time Out Chicago, Erin Delahanty said in statement.
The awards were split into two categories: Global Awards and Local Awards. Seven Chicago bars were given titles in both categories.
• Bar Of The Year: The Whistler
• Best New Cocktail Bar: The Sixth
• Best Bartender/Team: Graham Heubach, General Manager at Sportsman’s Club
• Best Single Focus Bar: Delilah’s
• Best Restaurant Bar: Nico Osteria
• Best Design: The Heavy Feather
• Best Beer Bar: Hopleaf