Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on what Chicago needs to have Super Bowl hopes, what the mother of a baby Bear thinks about football for her son, and new additions to the team.
- The playoffs showed that tight ends have become increasingly important in the NFL. To keep pace, the Bears must join the tight end trend. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Kristin Cavalleri is engaged to Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, but that doesn't mean she wants their son following in his dad's footsteps. Cavalleri said she is going to steer Camden towards something less aggressive. (DNA)
- Marc Trestman is continuing to fill out his coaching staff. The latest hire is reportedly Tim Tibesar to be linebackers coach. He was once the defensive coordinator at Purdue. (ESPN Chicago)
- The offensive line's improvement is key to get the Bears to the Super Bowl. Take a closer look at the line, and you'll be surprised to see who was statistically the best man on the line. (CSN Chicago)
- The Bears signed Cyhl Quarles to a futures contract. He's a safety out of Wake Forest, and his name rocks. It's pronounced Kyle Quarles. though I guess it would rock more if it was quartz. (Chicago Tribune)
- Obviously, you are in the market for a Bears-themed RV with an outdoor flat screen and keg tap. It turns out Craigslist has the perfect item for you for a scant $13,500. (Shutdown Corner)