Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your daily rundown of Bears news.
- Chris Conte is excited to join the Bears' long history of great defenders. Though he's a California guy, he knows all about the Monsters of the Midway. (ChicagoBears.com)
- Former Bear Matt Bowen says the NFL needs to make changes in the way it handles concussions to avoid any more tragedies like Dave Duerson's. (Chicago Tribune)
- Earl Bennett got himself some new ink and, well, let's just hope the lockout ends soon so players stop getting tattoos of angel wings and roses. (Sports Buzz)
- If a draft can't truly be measured for three years, how did the Bears do in 2008? (Windy City Gridiron)
- With the legal wrangling between the NFL owners and players, the window to avoid missing games is getting smaller. (Yahoo! Sports)
Follow Grizzly Detail on Twitter.