If your best friend moved across the country and calls every once in a while to lament how much she misses Chicago – the people, the lakefront, the food – maybe it's time to send her a little taste of the Windy City to offer some hometown comfort, or to possibly even convince her to move on back. We've rounded up a few mail-order options that provide indelible tastes of our delicious city.
1) Portillo's - Who wouldn't love to get a 10- or 50-pack of Portillo's hot dogs or a party package of Italian Beef sandwiches via post?
2) Giordano's partially bakes and freezes their deep dish pizzas to make them mail-ready.
3) Carson's Ribs – You might think that shipping ribs is a little bit messy, and well, you might be right. But it is certainly possible.
4) Garrett Popcorn - A buttery mix of caramel, cheese and salted popcorn from Garrett's is the perfect gift to have delivered on your door step.
5) Eli's Cheesecake – Nothing says love quite like a cheesecake hand-delivered to your door.