If you're going to Lollapalooza this weekend, chances are, there's going to be some alcohol involved. And any veteran drinker worth his or her salt knows that it's a good idea to get some food in your stomach beforehand.
So why not stick with the Lollapalooza theme and check out one of the Pork-A-Palooza menu items at Jake Melnick’s Corner Tap (41 E. Superior)?
The restaurant, which already carries one of our favorite burgers in town (drool over this),is rotating several Lolla lineup-inspired items throughout the entire month, and is putting them in heavy rotation this weekend, including:
- Kaiser BBQ Chiefs: Pulled pork sandwiches served on a Kaiser roll, inspired by Kaiser Chiefs
- Kings of 'Lina: Carolina pork sandwiches, inspired by Kings of Leon
- Jane's Addictive Nachos: BBQ pork nachos, inspired by Jane’s Addiction
- Snoop Skins: Pulled pork filled potato skins topped with cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions, inspired by Snoop Dogg
- Neko Case-adillas: BBQ pork quesadillas with mango salsa, inspired by Neko Case
- The Animal Collective: Pulled pork three ways (Carolina-style, Kansas City-style, Georgia-style), inspired by Animal Collective
- Silversun Sloppy Sliders: Spicy pork version of the sloppy Joe, inspired by Silversun Pickups
- Ben Harper and the Relentless Ribs: Sunday evenings rib specials, from 4 p.m. to close, $14.95 for a full slab of ribs and fries inspired by Ben Harper and the Relentless 7
- Passion Pit Pork Chops: Grilled pork chops with roasted jalapeño peach BBQ sauce, inspired by Passion Pit