Dateless in Chicago for Valentine's Day? Fear not, you're not the only one.
There's plenty of options out there for you, whether you want to cry into your beer, meet someone who could be that special person next year, or raise a glass to the sheer ridiculous of the holiday.
- On February 18, the Catalyst Ranch hosts its first annual dateless in Chicago party, an evening dedicated to celebrating your single status and the fact that you have no significant other to ask permission to attend. Expect interactive matchmaking games, swing dance lessons, photo booths and other undisclosed (but "entertaining") activities to fill the evening, while noshing on apps and enjoying wine, beer and cocktails. Tickets are $25 online until February 10, $35 from February 10 until the day of the event, or at the door for $40. Cocktail attire encouraged.
- Jbar at The James hotel hosts an "Anti-Valentine's" edition of its iDJ series. On February 10th from 9-11 pm, guest DJ Kevin Aeh will hit the decks alongside resident DJ Kevin Taek while guests will be given playing cards that encourage you to meet new people and score deals on the themed drinks like the Revenge Shot and Single in the City Cosmo.
- If you're unlucky in love, heartbroken, or could care less about Valentine's Day, head over to AJ Hudson's Public House on North Ashland. They're having an anti-Valentine's Day party on February 14th. Tommy the Piano Man will singing anti-love songs from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. with plenty of drink specials and perhaps the opportunity to meet someone speical.
- Vertigo Sky Lounge encourages singles to mingle with other and and toast to the ghosts of dating past with specialty themed cocktails called the That Guy, That Girl and the One Night Stand. The cocktails are available in the lounge, located on top of the Dana Hotel and Spa, from February 12-14.
- Market Restaurant and Bar hosts an Anti-Valentine's Day party on February 14th with specialty themed cocktails, a special soundtrack that's sure to include the song "Love Stinks," or the opportunity to take a swing at the Heartbreak Pinata.