The Artist or The Descendants?
Find out which movie will take home the hardware at any one of several Oscar parties on February 26.
- The Gene Siskel Film Center hosts the official Oscar Night® America party, the only Chicago bash sanctioned by the Academy. The 6 p.m. to midnight soiree includes a glamorous red carpet, catered dinner and the live HD telecast in the Film Center's two state-of-the-art movie theaters. Tickets are $100/general admission and $200/VIP.
- Richard Roeper and Billy Dec host the 2nd Annual Oscar Viewing Party at Rockit Bar & Grill. Put your ballot predictions up against the two hosts for a chance to win prizes throughout the telecast. Tickets are $50 and include passed appetizers and "Oscar themed" champagne cocktails. 5 p.m.
- Quay Restaurant & Bar and the JDRF Illinois Young Leadership Committee host the annual JDRF Red Carpet Party. Multiple televisions will show the ceremony and a partygoers can bid on upscale items in a silent auction while enjoying appetizers and cocktails. Tickets are $65 in advance and $70 at door.
- The Drake Hotel's Shaun Rajah and Cece & Melinda with Raymi Productions host an Oscar dinner and viewing at the Drake. The $125 ticket includes a three-course dinner, a glass of champagne, and a goody bag. Black tie optional. Red carpet attire optional. No cover, but RSVP recommended.
- Wicker Park's People Lounge hosts an Academy Awards Viewing Party that includes two red carpets, drink and food deals, a DJ, and live coverage of the red carpet and ceremony.
- The second annual Vital Nights Oscar Viewing Party takes place in Hotel 71’s penthouse ballroom from 5:30-10:30 p.m. Tickets are $40 in advance and $50 at the door, which includes cocktails, hors d'ouerves and the chance to win raffle prizes. All proceeds benefit the Vital Bridges Center on Chronic Care.