Where to Party on Oscar Night
Chicago locations pull out all the stops for the biggest night in movies
Actress Anne Hathaway arrived at the 83rd Annual Academy Awards.
The Artist or The Descendants?
Find out which movie will take home the hardware at any one of several Oscar parties on February 26.
- The Gene Siskel Film Center hosts the official Oscar Night® America party, the only Chicago bash sanctioned by the Academy. The 6 p.m. to midnight soiree includes a glamorous red carpet, catered dinner and the live HD telecast in the Film Center's two state-of-the-art movie theaters. Tickets are $100/general admission and $200/VIP.
- Richard Roeper and Billy Dec host the 2nd Annual Oscar Viewing Party at Rockit Bar & Grill. Put your ballot predictions up against the two hosts for a chance to win prizes throughout the telecast. Tickets are $50 and include passed appetizers and "Oscar themed" champagne cocktails. 5 p.m.
- Quay Restaurant & Bar and the JDRF Illinois Young Leadership Committee host the annual JDRF Red Carpet Party. Multiple televisions will show the ceremony and a partygoers can bid on upscale items in a silent auction while enjoying appetizers and cocktails. Tickets are $65 in advance and $70 at door.
- The Drake Hotel's Shaun Rajah and Cece & Melinda with Raymi Productions host an Oscar dinner and viewing at the Drake. The $125 ticket includes a three-course dinner, a glass of champagne, and a goody bag. Black tie optional. Red carpet attire optional. No cover, but RSVP recommended.
- Wicker Park's People Lounge hosts an Academy Awards Viewing Party that includes two red carpets, drink and food deals, a DJ, and live coverage of the red carpet and ceremony.
- The second annual Vital Nights Oscar Viewing Party takes place in Hotel 71’s penthouse ballroom from 5:30-10:30 p.m. Tickets are $40 in advance and $50 at the door, which includes cocktails, hors d'ouerves and the chance to win raffle prizes. All proceeds benefit the Vital Bridges Center on Chronic Care.