Tiger Woods Once Again Misses SoCal's Chevron World Challenge

No more tournaments for Woods this year

By Olsen Ebright
|  Thursday, Jun 30, 2011  |  Updated 1:54 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Power Lawyer Gloria Allred On Call

Getty Images

Nov. 13, 2009: Tiger Woods prepares to play an approach shot on the 6th hole during round two of the 2009 Australian Masters at Kingston Heath Golf Club.

advertisement
Photos and Videos
More Photos and Videos

Once again, Tiger Woods will not be playing in the Chevron World Challenge.

The tournament, hosted by Woods, draws an elite field of golfers to Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks.

Last year, he was recovering from a knee injury and was unable to play. This year, a single-car accident is to blame.
 
"I am extremely disappointed that I will not be at my tournament this week," Woods said. "I am certain it will be an outstanding event and I'm very sorry that I can't be there."

Woods suffered cuts and bruises after crashing his SUV into a fire hydrant and a tree near his Florida home on Friday.

"We support Tiger's decision and are confident the strong field and excellent course will provide an exciting week of competition at the Chevron World Challenge," said Greg McLaughlin of the Tiger Woods Foundation.

Woods will not play in any other tournaments this year, according to the Foundation.
 

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get Our Weather App
Stay ahead of the storm with the NBC... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out